Date: May 07, 2011
The Race for the Cure was a huge success! We had a great time and cannot wait forn next year.
“The Komen Race for the Cure is a unique event, designed and implemented to promote positive awareness, education and early detection of breast cancer. It has proved to be an enormously effective way to reach many women and men with the message that breast cancer is not necessarily fatal if mammography and breast self-exam become routine. As well as being a road race for runners, the Komen Race for the Cure is an emotionally charged event that attracts many first timers and recreational runners. The Komen Race for the Cure is an opportunity for thousands of women, men and their families, running or walking, to spread the breast cancer message within their communities.
Up to 75 percent of the funds raised at the Race remain here in the Komen Sacramento Valley Affiliate to provide breast health research, diagnostics, screening, treatment, services and education for uninsured or underinsured women. The remaining 25 percent goes to fund national research to discover the causes of breast cancer and, ultimately, its cures.
Why we need your support:
Every step counts! Your donation provides women and men in the Komen Sacramento Valley Affiliate with services that have literally saved lives. You help make the following programs possible:
Up to 75 percent of net proceeds are used for local programs in the Sacramento Valley, like those listed above, with the remaining 25 percent used to fund innovative breast cancer research.”
(source: komensacramento.org; http://www.komensacramento.org/komen-race-for-the-cure/)
With personal injury cases, success is defined by more than the number of dollars awarded at settlement. Our clients come to us not just bearing physical and financial trauma, but emotional and situational scars, as well. As the legal process evolves, relationships are built with our clients that typically last for a lifetime. Sometimes, that […]Learn More
On November 8, 2018, Anna* and her family fled their home in response to the Camp Fire mandatory evacuation. The massive fire destroyed more than 18,000 homes, displacing 50,000 residents in the town of Paradise, California, and surrounding areas. They didn’t have friends or relatives in neighboring cities to stay with and soon discovered that […]Learn More
On a warm August evening, Ray G. and his family were driving home from a school sporting event. As his Ford F250 pickup traveled through an intersection on Washington Blvd in Roseville, California, a Toyota Corolla compact sedan ran the red light and slammed into the driver’s side of Ray’s truck. The driver of the […]Learn More
Kimberly and Brian, both established professionals in Sacramento, were excited about moving into a charming yellow house in one of the best neighborhoods in the area. They had agreed to a lease-to-own arrangement that allocated $3,500 per month toward rent and an additional $2,000 per month toward a refundable deposit for the potential purchase of […]Learn More
Matthew B. contacted the Arnold Law Firm after consulting with multiple attorneys in the Sacramento area, including another major personal injury firm and an attorney specializing in motorcycle accidents. His case was rejected by other attorneys due to complexity with liability. As the rider in a car vs. motorcycle collision, Matthew suffered significant injuries to […]Learn More
Mr. E was on his way to work one very ordinary fall morning when an inattentive driver ran a red light, collided with his vehicle, and changed his life forever. In that moment, although he didn’t realize it at the time, a chain of events was set into motion that affected every aspect of his […]Learn More