Anthony J. Poidmore
In the late 1970’s, Anthony J. Poidmore was the senior partner in a large litigation defense law firm, representing employers and insurance companies who had been sued. As a favor, he took on the case of an acquaintance who had been fired from his job. Mr. Poidmore tried his case, and a jury awarded his client more than $1 million. The defendant appealed all the way to the California Supreme Court which affirmed the jury's verdict and it became a landmark case in California.
Finding more satisfaction in helping individuals than corporations, Mr. Poidmore eventually redirected his practice to the representation of victims of sexual, racial, religious and disability harassment/retaliation, defamation, wrongful termination, and civil rights. He attributes much of his ability to obtain results for his clients to his previous litigation defense experience.
After many years with his own practice, Mr. Poidmore brought his expertise to the Arnold Law Firm in 2016.
- Phone: (916) 777-7777
McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California J.D. – 1971
Honors & Awards
- Traynor Honor Society
- “A” rated and designated as a Super Lawyer by Martindale Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Sacramento Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- State Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Capital City Trial Lawyer Association (CCTLA), Member
- California Employment Law Association (CELA), Member