Joshua H. Watson
Joshua H. Watson is a dyed-in-the-wool plaintiff’s lawyer. He takes delight in fighting for the rights and needs of real people against corporations and governments. His accomplishments include multiple seven-figure results. His professional pride comes from righting wrongs and, in the process, helping to restore the dignity and financial security of his clients and their families.
Mr. Watson studied law at UC Hastings in San Francisco and graduated with multiple honors, including Public Interest Law, Community Economic Development, Public Service, a Faculty Scholarship, and high academic rankings. Before law school, he studied social sciences, technology management, and the natural sciences. His broad experience before the law includes running a business, programming internet and business computer applications, engaging in progressive community organizing, teaching, and consulting.
Mr. Watson brings his experience and training to bear on each of his cases. He focuses on understanding clients’ and adversaries’ goals and seeks to use litigation to resolve root problems to address his clients’ real-world needs. At times, this may be the restoration of a job, or a tough injunction forbidding harmful or hateful conduct. At other times, it may be zealous pursuit of a fair measure of monetary damages. In each case, Mr. Watson seeks the best outcome, putting the client first.
When not at work, Mr. Watson enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter, and volunteers in community education programs.
Phone: (916) 777-7777
Mr. Watson's Assistant: Connie McComb
- 2005 - Juris Doctor, University of California - Hastings College of the Law.
- 1998 - B.A. in Cultural Anthropology, University of California - Santa Barbara.
- 1994 - Science & Technology studies at New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology.
Admitted to Practice
- California State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District Court of California, February 11, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District Court of California, February 7, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Central District Court of California, November 15, 2010
Current Practice Areas
- Consumer Rights
- Class Actions
- Employee Rights (Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Wage & Hour Violations)
- Medical Malpractice