Gary B. Callahan
Gary B. Callahan had been retired for a couple of months after 40 years of work in all types of personal injury cases, including medical malpractice, when a call from his long-time friend Clayeo Arnold brought him back to his life's work helping plaintiffs.
What [Clay] said to me that made me want to come back to work was, We look long range. We plan for this firms growth. And we set goals and develop strategies and tactics to make sure were marching toward those goals and achieving them. And if you want to do that wed love to have you do that, explains Mr. Callahan. That really excited me again.
Mr. Callahan was admitted to the California Bar in 1971 after attending Sacramento State College and obtaining his Juris Doctorate from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. He has been a member of the Sacramento County Bar Council, American Bar Association, State Bar of California, Consumer Attorneys of California, Association of Trial Lawyers of America and the Consumer Attorneys of Sacramento. He was a member of the Board of Directors of the Consumer Attorneys of Sacramento from 1981 to 1986 and served as president in 1985. In 1999, the Consumer Attorneys of Sacramento named him Advocate of the Year. In 2005, the Sacramento Chapter of the American Board of Trial Attorneys named him Trial Lawyer of the year.
For 30 years (1984-2014), he has been rated AV Pre-eminent, the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubble.
The Arnold Law Firm prides itself on the continuing education of its attorneys. Mr. Callahan, with his four decades of experience, plays a significant role in that instruction. Mr. Callahan has been an instructor for the California Continuing Education of the Bar since 1978 and for the Hastings Center for Trial and Appellate Advocacy from 1984 to 1993. Mr. Callahan is an instructor for the Stanford Law School Trial Practice Program and the University of San Francisco Trial Practice Program. He has taught at the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law Trial Program and has been a Judge Pro Tem for the Sacramento Superior Court.
Raised in Ashland, Oregon, Mr. Callahan served in the U.S. Navy in the early 1960's and moved to the Sacramento region in 1965. He is married to Sally K. Callahan, a family law attorney with her own practice, and between them they have six grown children.
Away from work, Mr. Callahan enjoys riding his BMW R1150RT touring motorcycle and escaping with his wife on their blue-water powerboat moored on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada.
- Phone: (916) 777-7777
- Mr. Callahan's Legal Assistant: Nicky
- Sacramento State College
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law - Juris Doctorate
Admitted to Practice
- 1971 California Bar
- Qui Tam Law
- Sacramento County Bar Council
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Consumer Attorneys of Sacramento
- Board of Directors of the Consumer Attorneys of Sacramento (1981-1986)
- President - Board of Directors of the Consumer Attorneys of Sacramento (1985)
- 1978-current California Continuing Education of the Bar
- 1984-1993 Hastings Center for Trial
- 1984-1993 Appellate Advocacy
- Stanford Law School Trial Practice Program (Instructor)
- University of San Francisco Trial Practice Program (Instructor)
- Sacramento Superior Court (Judge Pro Tem)
- 1999 Advocate of the Year - Consumer Attorneys of Sacramento
- 2005 Trial Lawyer of the Year - American Board of Trial Attorneys