Sacramento Wage & Hour Dispute Lawyers
In California, employees are entitled certain legal rights by their employers. These rights include overtime, meal and rest brakes, vacation pay, and other benefits. If you have been forced to work additional hours or to complete more tasks than possible while working, and haven't been compensated properly, your employer may be in violation of our laws.
At Arnold Law Firm, our Sacramento wage and hour dispute lawyers fight for the employees that have been taken advantage of by their employers. Call us today at (916) 777-7777 for your 100% free case review.
Wage and Hour Laws
There are two laws in the state of California which are intended to protect workers against negligent employers. These laws include the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and the California Labor Code. Often times, these laws are violated by employers by failing to pay fair wages and overtime.
The following include some examples of wage and hour violations:
- Employee was incorrectly classified as exempt from getting overtime pay
- Employee was not provided an uninterrupted meal break within the first five hours of work
- Employer failed to deliver a second meal break for shifts longer than ten hours
- Employer failed to deliver a ten minute break for every four hours of work
- Employer failed to deliver paid time for hours required to prepare for work
Wage and Hour Disputes
There are several ways an employer may violate an employees legal rights, while many employees may not even be aware that their rights are being violated. The following includes a list of common wage and hour disputes:
- Failing to pay minimum wage
- Failure to reimburse for work related expenses
- Illegal tip pooling
- Incorrectly classifying employee as exempt
- Incorrectly classifying employee as independent contractor
- Incorrectly classifying employee as management
- Not allowing meal or rest breaks
- Overtime disputes
- Paying female workers less based on gender
- Unpaid wages
- Unused vacation
- Withholding vacation pay
Contact Our Sacramento Wage & Hour Dispute Lawyers Today
If you are not being paid the money you are entitled to for your work, filing a wage and hour dispute may protect your rights.
At Arnold Law Firm, our lawyers have fought for the rights of dozens of unfairly treated employees and are prepared to defend you against negligent employers.
If you are not receiving the wages you have earned, our legal team would like to speak with you. For more information, call our team of legal professionals today at (916) 777-7777 for immediate assistance.