Thomas D. Nielsen
Thomas D. Nielsen brings 40 years of experience as a trial lawyer and litigator to the Arnold Law Firm. Mr. Nielsen moved to the Sacramento area in 1964. He served in the U.S. Army from 1967 to 1969, and was commissioned as a 1st Lieutenant in 1967. He obtained his degree in government from California State University, Sacramento, and graduated from Mc George School of Law.
Mr. Nielsen's extensive legal experience spans a broad range of areas, including personal injury, professional errors & omissions, products liability, real estate, business and contracts, construction, and insurance.
His career in law began with insurance defense litigation, and evolved into representation of plaintiffs.
As his legal career progressed, Mr. Nielsen was drawn to the area of mediation, because it serves to promote understanding, while also preserving individual values. His service as a mediator, arbitrator, and settlement judge pro tem provides him with a robust, yet compassionate, perspective.
- 1966 California State University, Sacramento, Bachelor of Science in Government
- 1972 McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California, J.D.
Honors & Awards:
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated Attorney
- Northern California Super Lawyer - 2013
- California State Bar
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates – Advocate