John Stralen grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area and moved to Sacramento to attend college at Sacramento State University. He attended Law School in San Diego at California Western School of Law where he graduated in 1994 with honors.
Mr. Stralen started his career working at large law firms defending personal injury, employment, business tort, and class action lawsuits. In 1999, he joined the Plaintiffs’ Bar and began exclusively representing individuals in these types of cases.
Mr. Stralen’s success as a trail attorney includes a recent case where, as co-lead counsel, he represented clients who were injured in a solo roll-over collision. The jury returned a verdict in favor of his clients for 7.4 million dollars, with the final judgment totaling more than 11 million dollars after the judge added his clients’ costs, expert fees, and interest to the amount awarded by the jury. In a recent employment case that went to trial after the defendant made no pre-trial settlement offer, Mr. Stralen won a verdict in favor of his clients and a final judgment amount of more than 1.1 million dollars, which included unpaid wages, costs and attorney’s fees.
As a member of the California State Bar and all Federal Court Districts within the State of California, Mr. Stralen represents clients throughout California in both state and federal court. Mr. Stralen is a member of the Sacramento Bar Association, the Capital City Trial Lawyers Association, and the Consumer Attorneys of California.
Mr. Stralen and his wife reside in Sacramento with their four children. He is currently a member of the Catholic School Advisory Commission and his church parish facility committee on safety, formerly serving on the pastoral council. He enjoys being involved with his children’s activities and supporting youth sports programs. A former competitive soccer coach, Mr. Stralen is a certified soccer and futbal referee. In 2006, Mr. Stralen started a youth futbal league with his brother that provides indoor Brazilian style youth soccer programs in the Sacramento area on a non-profit basis.
- Phone: (916) 777-7777
- California State University, Sacramento
- California Western School of Law, Juris Doctor
Admitted to Practice
- 1994 California Bar
- 2004-current El Dorado County Superior Court Judge Pro Tem
- 2003-current Capital City Trial Lawyers Association
- 2003-current Consumer Attorneys of California
- 2000-current Sacramento County Superior Court Judge Pro Tem
- 1995-current Sacramento County Bar Association
- 1995-current U.S. District Court Eastern District of CA
- 1994-current U.S. District Court Central District of CA
- 1994-current U.S. District Court Northern District of CA
- 2012 February All-Star - Previous Firm
- 1992 Law Review - California Western School of Law
- Dunlap v. Folsom Lake Ford (2014)
- Trujilo v. Tri City Storage, LLC (2013)
- Meneley v. Crowe (2011)
- Brock v. Carrion (2004)
- Doe II v. Professional NFL team (2001)
- CSA v. Jonoubei/Elite Performance (2001)
- Doe v. Professional Football team (1999)